hehehe

Thursday, May 24, 2007

much ado about nothing

That's a Shakespeare play, but that basically describes my intentions right now until CSI starts at 9:00. Right now it's 8:23, so I have some time to work with. Oh yeah, whenever I post something, it says the time when I started typing at, not when I click the Publish Post button. Speaking of which, next to that button is a save now button which has a little dialog pointing at it that says it autosaves drafts for me. How nice, considering I never save drafts because I always like to take these blogs at a long stretch.

It's been a long time since I decided to come and update my blog. Well, actually, I only missed a day...but it still felt like a long time. The weeks keep on going by faster and faster and before I know it the end of school will hit me like a brick wall. So will the trip. And coming back from the trip. And double sessions. And the first day of school. And the first football game. And inaugural (in which the girls have to ask the guys....I feel my skin starting to crawl already). And the last football game (which will hopefully be a championship victory). And basketball season. And volleyball. And graduation. And college. And a job. And marriage (20% chance of that happening, I'd say). And family. And grandkids. And retirement. And death. Yeah, all of those things will hit me so hard and fast that I won't have time to grab some tapioca. Sheesh, am I thinking rather morbidly today.

Where was I?.... Oh yeah, updating my blog. I finally got to what I wanted to do after typing a rather long reflective paragraph. Tomorrow we're going to L.A. Courthouse for "Law Day" which they announced just today, of which we need to wear nice clothes, and I stand there in shock as to why I haven't heard this before and everyone treats me like a retard just freshly thrown out of the insane asylum because they got the announcement last week and didn't bother to tell me. I know for sure that I paid attention to all announcements for the past 3 weeks, but how this one got by me I haven't got a clue. Luckily, I have my "Kare Wear" (as Mrs. Orsburn christened it) down here, but both pairs of my dress shoes are at home. Er, my home up in the mountains. It's so frustrating living at two locations so far away from each other. So, I'll just wear my old beat-up K-Swiss tennies and see if anyone notices. If I get a demerit, I'll be down at 11 and will actually have to work on a Saturday (the first time that I'll ever get in merit trouble in my entire carrer at RHP). If I don't get a demerit, I'll heave a sigh of relief. Oh yeah, I'm actually going home tomorrow. Work camp's this Saturday, and we're going to have fun stuff Friday. We're actually going out to eat either in Wrightwood (Grizzly Bear Cafe!!!! Oh, do I hope) or out in Phelan (or Phe-Lahn, as Mr. Loomis pronounced it). I'm hoping that we'll be able to break out my Band of Brothers DVD's and watch a couple episodes...like Bastogne, Day of Days or Crossroads. (by the way, this is a really good series. Thing is, it has a LOT of swearing and has a graphic sex scene towards the end of the series (stir crazy guys on leave, you know, that's going to happen))

I recently discovered Battletech. Well, not discovered it, I knew of it ever since I starting playing MechWarrior 2 when I was six (really awesome game, but has cheesy graphics but it's all part of the fun) because MechWarrior games are based on the Battletech universe. What I mean is that I've discovered Battletech as a tabletop game. You can either print out little cheesy 2d paper figures of mechs or buy metal models you can paint, and you battle on a pad with a bunch of hexagons on it (for gameplay; if you knew the rules of the game, you'd know why). If you're interested, see classicbattletech.com. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there are different variants of the game and I'm starting off with classic. If you want to know more, just don't be lazy and google Battletech.

Uh oh, 8:50, CSI starts in 10 minutes......wait, since it was the season finale last week, does that mean there's going to be reruns until the season kickoff? (Is there a season kickoff? I almost never watch TV, so I don't know these things) Last weeks episode was a cliffhanger, so I do hope that they don't show a rerun. If they do, I may be mad. Or that gives me a reason to come back here and write some more gibberish...... Say, I'm going to go check if it's a rerun right now. Thank goodness for the channel guide.

Darrgh, it's a rerun. I changed my mind about posting gibberish anyway, because it's probably an episode I haven't seen before.

No comments: