hehehe

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I am at the airport

Well, our trip is just about over and we're at the airport in Honolulu waiting for our 9:00 (a.m.) flight and I got Starbucks (shocking for me, I usually don't support the evil empire) and I saw an Internet cafe station and decided to post something. I have plenty of time right now so I'll give whoever reads this a recap of our trip.


.....ok, first day (June 20) our tire on the bus blows out about 150 miles from our destination on our way from Arcadia, CA to Cedar City, Utah (don't know the 2 letter thingy for that..), so we stayed at a Budget Motel in St. George while the tire got fixed. Next day we traveled the remaining distance to Cedar City. We worked out and lifted weights and such then the next day we headed for Salt Lake City, where we stayed at Camp Williams, an National Guard barracks where we had somewhat of a boot camp with the sergeants there and repelled off of a tower (it's like bouncing down after a rock climb except alot more fun). The next day we did the Leadership Reaction Course which was ridiculously hard (some courses involved crossing a body of water with 50 lbs of ammunition using boards that didn't reach over a broken bridge, and we can't drop in the water). Well, after that we went to Yellowstone for a couple days then headed through Idaho to Seattle, Washington for the UW Football Camp. I was in with the linemen and I felt about 10 times smaller because alot of the other linemen were HUGE (the biggest one was 6'8", 275 lbs.; I'm 6'1" and a measly 190 lbs.) After a couple days of camp we headed down through Oregon and back into California, and after a couple days in Eureka (I found it!) and Oakland we flew out to Kauai, Hawaii! First couple of days were very fun; the first morning we salvaged coconuts for breakfast (along with Lucky Charms and Cookie Crisp....) We did many fun activites (as I posted in Maui...) We visited the islands of Kauai, Maui and now we're in Oahu.

....dargh, my Starbucks ran out. That's the last time I'm paying five bucks for a measly frap.

Well, I am going to be back in So Cal in a couple hours and I am very pumped. Start my senior year, kick some butt in football, and...........................word.

I'll try to post things over the summer; there won't be much going on besides double sessions in August.

CP

No comments: